I have wanted to do a list of our favorite early years books since a long time. I have listed books with the author's name first, because when I found a good book by a certain author I have gone and explored many more books by the same author. I have listed only one or two of the famous books by that author, but definitely do recommend reading more books by the same author. Most of these books are available in board book version for littler hands.
I am most certain I have missed out many, and will try to keep coming back and updating this list.
1. Margaret Wise Brown - Good Night Moon, The Runaway Bunny
2. Bill Martin Jr. - Brown Bear Brown Bear, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
3. Eric Carle - The Very Hungry Catterpillar, The Tiny Seed (Too many to list..)
4. Laura Numeroff - If you give a mouse a cookie, Best Mouse Cookie
5. Anna Dewdney - Llama llama Red Pajama (and more in this series)
6. Denise Fleming - In the small small pond, Beetle Bop
7. Dr. Seuss - Cat in the Hat and pretty much any of his beginner books. LOVE THEM!!!
8. Bruce Degen - Jamberry
9. Mem Fox - Good Night Sleep Tight, Time for Bed
10. Joy Cowley - Mrs. Wishy Washy Series
11. Karen Katz - Where is Baby's Belly Button, Potty for Me
12. Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes Book
13. Beatrix Potter - The Tales of Peter Rabbit
14. Martin Waddel - Owl Babies
15. Judy Schachner - Skippy Jon Jones Series
16. Don Freeman - Corduroy
17. Emily Gravett - Monkey and Me, Orange Pear, Apple Bear
18. Sam McBratney - Guess How Much I Love you