September 24, 2013

Milestone Day


This is going to be a personal milestone day. A is going to be attending her first book club today at the local library. I have been more excited than her and its a big day for me. Yes I am that mushy kind of mom who records every small moment with teary eyes. It will be one of those moments today when I drop her off at the door. But inside I will be doing a happy dance for sure!
And the icing on the cake? A announced that she wants to be a writer when she grows up! I know, I know they change the answer to that at the drop of  a hat, but for now I will take that, and happily too!

I have been asked by a lot of people about how we went about learning to read, and I have composed those emails many a times. I thought it would be good to record it here for my own reference in a few years for little Av. Will soon write about that. And by the way we have a little story teller in her already. Today my nap time story was "One day....Kikka (Krishna) wanted butter. Kikka eat butter and went to sleep. Cried mamma mamma, wa-wa-wa".

No comments: