February 25, 2008

40 weeks of you

These weeks were some of the best in my life,
With the feeling of housing a tiny life,
With the joy of meeting a part of me,
With all the excitement of a mother-to-be.

You gave me energy that I never had,
Nothing ever seemed too bad.
I was absolutely in love with life,
It felt like walking in someone else’s shoe.

I sang and my listener moved,
I danced and my partner kicked,
I ate and my buddy did a somersault,
I was never alone, and that gave me a confidence like never before.

My tastes were different as can be,
My reactions were strangers to me.
I could carry myself in anything,
I could make myself not worry about a single thing.

I have often wondered if I was being you,
Is that how you are going to grow up to be?
Whatever it is I can tell you so,
I totally enjoyed the 40 weeks of you.

4 comments:

Shruthi said...

Very beautiful. Felt like I was reading my thoughts put into words. But then, I can never, ever express myself so beautifully!

Madhu said...

Shruthi: Thanks! Look who is talking about not being able to write so beautifully now! Has anybody heard of a better joke lately?

praneshachar said...

simply superb poem greatly narrated and life is like that during the phase you undergo.
both shruthi and you have got a very rare way of expressing things and I agree with you on ur comments on shruthi
"Look who is talking about not being able to write so beautifully now! Has anybody heard of a better joke lately?:" D:-
happy writing to both
pranesh

Brinda said...

lovely poem !

shruthi's mom