March 24, 2016

Full circle

As I ride the metro, it is a strange feeling of deja vu. It is like the days in between were non existent. I am back to where I was years ago. If there is anything that has changed inside me, it is a sense of pride and a feeling of satisfaction.

It was not an easy decision to start working again, after 6 years of sabbatical. Six years of life that seemed like I was living on another planet. Mastering the act of housekeeping and management I must say. But above all making memories with the family, numerous ones, all so precious! It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. And that explains the feeling of pride and satisfaction.

I come back to the rat race wiser, and with a better knowledge of my priorities and a very deep understanding of myself. I am careful (as of now) to not get sucked into the monotony this kind of life brings with it. I am trying to pause to make those moments count.

As for the kids, one has accepted, the other is accepting. Who would have thought a 4 year old will understand a sentence like "When you grow up and have kids, will you choose to be at home just cooking and cleaning or spend time doing other things along with that?" But apparently she did, as the tears have stopped!

No comments: