January 2, 2013

Happy 2013

I have always been the kind, who would turn to a new sheet at school if I got stuck with something and start afresh. I have always loved new beginnings though I am the sentimental types and clutch onto things from the past. Needless to say I love the novelty a new year brings and leaves me all inspired.

My resolution for the year is simple, to reach out, communicate, open up, come out of my shell. But as simple as it sounds people who know me know how hard that is for me. So I am leaving it at that and adding nothing else. If I can achieve even a little and call myself a more social person at the end of 2013 I will be glad. So if it is not obvious enough the plan is to blog a lot and respond to every comment. :) So for all you people who want to help me in the process and comment regularly, thank you in advance.

Wishing everyone peace, health and happiness this year. And here is some inspiration with a few lines from a song from the musical Mame.

Open a new window,
Open a new door,
Travel a new highway,
That's never been tried before;
Before you find you're a dull fellow,
Punching the same clock,
Walking the same tight rope
As everyone on the block.
The fellow you ought to be is three dimensional,
Soaking up life down to your toes,
Whenever they say you're slightly unconventional,
Just put your thumb up to your nose.
And show 'em how to dance to a new rhythm,
Whistle a new song,
Toast with a new vintage,
The fizz doesn't fizz too long.
There's only one way to make the bubbles stay,
Simply travel a new high way,
Dance to a new rhythm,
Open a new window ev'ry day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New year,Madhu! this is your old roomie from Logan :-). I love how well you articulate your thoughts, and the lines you quoted filled my heart with joy...I love new beginnings as well. My best wishes to Bala and the girls as well.
Keep writing.
Hugs!
Chethana

Shruthi said...

Cheers!

Madhu said...

@Chethana- Hey so glad to hear from you! Thank you and wishes to you and Santosh too. I find the song really inspirational too. I was seeing some old pics the other day and was thinking of you. Will email you soon.

Madhu said...

@Shruthi Thanks! :)